- This event has passed.
17 Feb, Amsterdam Wim Hof Method Advanced
February 17, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 6:00 pmeuro 139
Join Tim van der Vliet, a licensed Wim Hof Method instructor and a friend of Wim Hof for a transforming Wim Hof Method Advanced Course.
I believe that everyone should have access to simple and effective practices to improve focus and reduce stress, enhance mental and physical performance, boost immune system and increase cold tolerance.
In this workshop you will learn the advanced techniques of Wim Hof Method which are not covered in the Fundamentals workshop.
Who is this suitable for?
– Anyone who has been to any WHM Fundamentals workshop
– Anyone who is following the WHM online course
– Anyone who has experience in the basic WHM breathing exercise and is familiar with cold exposure
The Advanced workshop is not about pushing the limits but getting a deeper understanding of your body physiology and how you can influence it with the Wim Hof Method. We will however explore boundaries without peer pressure.
Breathing preparation and setting up baselines
- Get your body ready for the breathing exercises
- Setting the baselines
11:00 – 13:30 Basic breathing session
You will learn how to:
- Optimize breathing mechanics and general breathing pattern
- Practice meditation and breathing to improve focus
13.30 – 14.30 1st ice bath session
- Control stress response
- Use cold as ultimate mental training tool
- Use gradual cold exposure to increase cold tolerance
14:30 – 15:00 Break
15.00 – 16.00 Advanced Breathing session
- Use breathing to achieve deep meditative states
- Working with the breath to achieve a transformation of the mind
16.00-16.15 Short Break
16.15 – 17.45 2nd ice bath session
- Deeper understanding of the thermoregulation
- Generating heat using Brown fat activation
17.45-18.00 Closing circle
WHAT TO BRING:
- Comfortable clothing to wear during the workshop
- 2 Towels
- Bottle of water
- Warm clothing for after cold exposure
HOW TO PREPARE:
At this stage you have the basic understanding of the breathing physiology. To get the most out of this workshop you should regularly practice the basic WHM breathing exercise.
You also have some experience in cold exposure. If you would like to make the most out of the two ice bath sessions you should regularly expose yourself to the cold. It’s not about how long you can stay under a cold shower but being aware how your body is reacting to the changes in temperature. The advanced workshop is not about pushing the limits but getting a deeper understanding of how your body regulates temperature. Shorter and less intensive cold sessions are advised but with more attention.
Everyone can participate to their own ability and level of comfort. No pressure, just fun day of new experiences and learning. If you have any health conditions or concerns please contact us beforehand and/or check with your doctor.
It is best to eat something light before the workshop.